City of Sherwood
JOB TITLE: Warrant Clerk DATE: 07/21/2006
DEPARTMENT: Police Department PAY CODE: CK1
This position is located in the Warrants Branch, Administrative Division, Sherwood Police Department, City of Sherwood. The Warrants Branch processes all warrants issued by the Municipal court including entering the warrant into the IBM system and the Arkansas Crime Information Computer (ACIC); performs skip tracing; and makes arrests throughout the state and transportation to incarceration.
SUPERVISOR: Warrant Clerk Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Responsible for receiving warrants from the Municipal Court Clerk's Office, making entries pertaining to the warrants into the Arkansas Crime Information Computer (ACIC)/National Crime Information Computer (NCIC), deletion of entries in ACIC/NCIC upon service of the warrant;
2) Prepares individual file folders and files the warrants in the appropriate warrant file within the Warrants Office, maintains files of commitments and subpoenas;
3) May be required to contact other law enforcement agencies or businesses in an effort to enlist their assistance and cooperation in the service of outstanding warrants, commitments or subpoenas,
4) Makes telephone contacts as necessary to contact persons either who can assist in locating the wanted person or the wanted person, attempts to persuade the wanted person to surrender to police and provides information to wanted person as to charges and steps that must be taken to satisfy warrant;
5) Provides collected information to the Warrants Officer as to location of wanted persons;
6) Performs computer checks of all individuals coming to the attention of the department to determine if warrants are active and advise appropriate personnel,
7) Performs general office work as required, and performs other duties as required or directed by supervisors.
8) The incumbent may on occasion be required to travel outside the immediate geographical area to assist Warrants Officers in the transportation of female prisoners when no female Warrant Officer is available.
9) Attend training sessions as required by Department or City of Sherwood.
1) Graduation from high school or equivalent with courses in typing and office machines.
2) Must be ACIC database certified.
3) Any combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities listed herein.
4) The incumbent is required to have knowledge of ACIC/NCIC to include policy and procedures, confidentiality of information contained within the system.
5) He/she is required to take refresher courses in the operation/policies and procedures pertaining to these systems as necessary to maintain currency.
6) The incumbent must possess general office skills, a thorough knowledge of professional filing practices, telephone skills, typing skills of at least 55 words per minute with accuracy more important than speed, interpersonal communication skills both oral and written, basic computer skills, a general knowledge of office machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Interruptions are frequent. Regular contact with the general public.