CITY OF SHERWOOD
JOB TITLE: Drainage Worker DATE: 04/24/2007
DEPARTMENT: Public Works PAY CODE: DW
The Drainage Worker is responsible for performing a variety of unskilled or semi-skilled drainage work including maintenance work, and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, and maintenance of drainage projects. This position is governed by city policies and procedures.
SUPERVISOR: Works under direct supervision of the Drainage Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Performs a variety of unskilled or semi-skilled drainage work including maintenance work, and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, and maintenance of drainage projects.
2) Mows grass and cuts weeds using tractor and mower attachments, push mower, weed eater, sling blade or other appropriate hand tools.
3) Loads and unloads heavy objects.
4) Operates chainsaws, motorized hand tools and related equipment.
5) Operates other light automotive equipment and pick-up trucks as required to perform assigned duties.
6) Participates in the maintenance and repair of drainage projects.
7) Performs all other duties assigned to a drainage worker as required.
8) Maintains and repairs equipment as necessary. Regularly and timely attendance is required.
9) Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards, and required to attend any training sessions required by department or City.
10) Performs any other duties as required or assigned.
1) Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent;
2) Valid Arkansas operatorís license; AND
3) Knowledge of equipment operations; Knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in drainage work.
4) Ability to understand and follow specific oral instructions; Ability to work under adverse climatic conditions; Ability to lift and carry heavy loads; Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with fellow employees and the general public; Ability to keep and maintain accurate records.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Motorized vehicles and equipment, including backhoe, weed-eater, mower, chainsaw, bush-hog, tractor, front-end loader, bucket truck, common hand and power tools, shovels, picks, hoes, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.